Wednesday, June 11, 2008

BEA Memories

'Bout time I posted some pictures from my visit to Book Expo last month in LA. This was hands down the most fun I've ever had at a signing. No offense to the guy last year in the gorilla suit.

I include the first photo, in which I am relaxing in a rotating restaurant/bar with the Gorgeous Ladies of Harcourt (GLOH), only to document that I'm drinking something called a Gummitini that has actual Gummi bears drowned at the bottom, silently evanescing in their boozy grave.

The remaining photos document the signing itself, at which Frankenstein and his Bride renewed their vows and had cake. It was all, of course, to commemorate the debut of my new book, Frankenstein Takes the Cake, which will be in stores in September.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Less Adam! More GLOH!

Anonymous said...

Hi!I'm a fan of your work. I think it's amazing. I have one question that i hope you can answer me. Do you work with Painter or by hand?
Thanks

Adam Rex said...

Brian–Quiet, you.

César–I've never used Painter. In the past I've worked almost entirely by hand, using Photoshop only for minor tweaks during the sketch stage. For about the last year I've been painting a lot in Photoshop with a Wacom.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are very very good digital illustrator.It doesn't surprise me. I hope that some day you will post how you work with photoshop. Thanks for the answer.

Anonymous said...

Adam,
I also use a Wacom at work but usually only for product design, and some marketing. im a giftset designer for Bath and Body Works. I have trouble getting into using the Wacom for anything of my own though. i feel like i loose that sense of pride that comes with painting something on paper with a brush. do you ever feel that way about using the tablet?
it does take some skill though. i have trouble getting the cursor dead on though.
i do love your art a lot. i have noticed that Half Priced Books in Columbus has tons of brand new copies of Frankenstein and Tree Ring all of the sudden? i have scoured the pages of Frank' over and over, just loving it.
keep us fed bro:)we're hungry for more...

Brian Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Cook said...

Hey Adam - Looking good....of course when I'm comparing you to an electrically-run corpse and his wife, that's not saying much. Still keep it up - digital is great and all but it can never beat the look you're getting with oils.

SEILER said...

Wow, great work on this blog . . . killer stuff man!

froggie is... said...

floating and drunk gummi-bears...i gotta process that.

wacom-on, dude! (eeash! it sounded cool in my head) X-U