Monday, November 23, 2009

Andre the Giant Has a Portrait


The second annual Hey You Guys charity event is set for December 5th at the Rialto Theater in South Pasedena, CA. There will be an auction of art inspired by family movies of the 80's, and a screening of Ghostbusters. All proceeds benefit Donors Choose, which is incidentally the charity for which I've been growing this damn mustache. So I've painted a little 5x7 portrait of Andre the Giant as Fezzik from The Princess Bride.

If anyone out there attends the event, let me know.

8 comments:

Suzanne Young said...

That's my birthday! I should send someone over to snag this for me! lol. Any chance you do Mr. T??

Sarah Romano Diehl said...

I looove this!

Lisa Yee said...

Shoot. That's my hometown! But I have plans for that night that I can't break.

The Rialto is a great old theater. It's featured in an upcoming novel of mine.

Adam Rex said...

Oh, too bad you can't go, Lisa. Spread the word, if you're able.

Vinod Rams said...

Great portrait!
Anybody want a peanut?

Anonymous said...

Nice Portrait. Love that movie. Have fun stormin' the castle!

Nina Crittenden said...

Andre was the coolest. This is terrific.

Jennifer Kearney said...

nice painting, adam! that movie is one of my fav's as well. since darrell already said what i was gonna say, may i suggest that when you arrive you declare, "i am the dread pirate rex, and i'm here for ya soulssssssss!" :P